I’d have to agree.
I’m excited to wear slouchy boots this fall with skinny jeans!
What are you excited for?
Pic from an e-mail I just received via Banana Republic’s mailing list:
J Brand? Marc Jacobs? 7 for all mankind?
This makes me wonder… the paperlime brand is under the same umbrella as Gap, Old Navy and Banana Republic. All three of those stores have store fronts in Canada. I wonder if Paperlime will remain an online-only source for clothing? What if they don’t? Will there end up being a high fashion chain under the GAP umbrella? One can only hope. And also hope their sales are as fabulous.
Here are their picks for fall:
I agree with everything but the “boho”. No thank you.
Point number 1 – I love this magazine.
It has everything I want…
1. It’s Canadian.
This is good for two reasons… the prices are all relative to what I know (i.e. I can go to H&M and buy that skirt and it is actually $21 and not $21 plus exchange) and the stores are ones I can actually get to (or buy from online).
2. The magazine fills its pages with looks, trends, specials, photo shoots and minimal articles. I’m not one to read (or write, as is made very clear by my blog and its lack of text) so flipping through pages and pages of photos and captions makes sitting on the couch after a long day at work very fulfilling.
3. The price!
On the weekend I was determined to buy the September issue of Vogue before it went off the shelves. Do you know what the cover price was? $6.99! Adam says… “you paid a lot of money for a book full of advertisements”. He’s right. But I guess that doesn’t make me any less excited to look at them all.
This months issue was $2.49. In Saint John you can buy this magazine and a coffee for less than $5. What a perfect way to spend a break.
ok so now to dig deeper!
Here are some “articles” I fell in love with:
(maybe I read magazines with post it “tabs”. don’t judge)
This issue is their fall trend report. The trailer for “The September Issue” said that in the fashion world – September is like the January. Awesome!
Here are some trends for fall that fashion magazine is all about:
Let’s look back in time at my fall trends and see how I did… I lose!
Fashion magazine tells you 8 things you need for fall… here I summarized in point form: do you agree with their picks?
What else should be there? What should be removed?
ok, Saint John girls.
Candice and I started doing this awhile ago – but she only buys Chatelaine…
We need to organize a magazine swap. Comment and I’ll send some e-mails to figure it out.
up next: LOU LOU, ELLE, FLARE and VOGUE
oh hey everyone. It’s Friday night and I’m on the couch. I love spending QT with my Kitties.
I get about 15 e-mails per day about trends, sample sales, new sales from shops I’m a “member” of (like Old Navy, Gap, Neiman Marcus, Bergdorf Goodma etc.) .
I thought I would share some of there predictions for fall – including links to places you could maybe buy it? Now that I’ve discovered (with a little help from a blog follower!) Canada’s version of forever21… my buying suggestions will be very reasonably priced!
Luckily, these things are available everywhere. Le Chateau, Stitches, Garage… Here are a few cute examples:
The nice thing about leggings is that you can wear them with almost anything. I prefer to wear leggings with skirts that are
(a) a little too short or
(b) just to the knee.
That way you can still wear heels (or flats which is a bonus) and you stay warm! (or in my case look that extra wee bit skinnier).
ok, so update number 1.
I went to Ardene, Claire’s and RW&Co. to look for a leaf necklace – no such luck. I might try and order one from forever21. I’ve never used their website but I’m going to try it. i also just realized I didn’t check gojane.com. Stay tuned.
While I was wondering around the mall, I realized that Spring has their summer shoes on for up to 70% off retail! This is insane!
Here are two examples of shoes that will translate into the fall/winter:
Here are a few other sites that are great to buy shoes online from…
(Pros for me – most sell almost exclusively vegan footware)
And if you’re in the mood to drool…
I love budget shopping. This is obvious from my fall picks post down the page.
I took this photo from: The Mid Wasteland
They took two outfits from Vivienne Westwood’s Fall ’09 Ready to Wear line and found budget friendly picks from stores like forever 21 and Urban Outfitters.
I’m going to update this blog almost hourly. I spend so much of my time poring over magazines, reading blogs and looking at websites. I’ve been enamored with Chanel’s website this afternoon – checking out the fall/winter lines. The Cruise has a few classic pieces while the ready-to-wear is making me drool. I should rename my blog: “If I had $1,000,000”. Or “If I was a size 4”
(Pics taken without permission from Mahalofashion)
I’m so glad B&W is sticking around in such a huge way.
So, this is basically my plan for the fall. Luckily – I won’t need to purchase all of them since a few crucial pieces for the fall are carried over from last season.
What a list!
Now here are the things I already have….
4. I bought the most precious red rose pendant at Value Village a few years ago… it acts perfectly as a “statement necklace”. Another thing that works well, is to wear 2-3 plain chains and 1 with a small pendant on it. It looks great with a v-neck basic or a tank for the rest of the summer.
5. Basics! I buy most of mine from Je Suis Prest Boutique (Kiera carries the Alternative Apparel line – and it is top notch) but you can pick them up anywhere. American Eagle sells them off frequently for $6.97. Old Navy has $5 sales. Heck, even the gap will sell you one for $9.99 or less most days. There is no reason (ever) to spend more than $22 on a basic t-shirt. You heard it here first. I will hunt you down.
7. Boyfriend jeans. Two things.
8. I bought a hobo that looks EXACTLY like this. Except mine is vegan and of the Matt&Nat variety. It was $60 at winners. Seriously. Buy purses there- you won’t regret it and neither will your pocket book.
10. I bought a pair of black strappy boots two years ago on sale for $9 at Payless. Best winter purchase I’ve ever made. Buying things in the off season may seem like a waste (especially if they were trendy items…) but black boots never go out of style and (lucky for me) STRAPS ARE BACK.
Whew my fingers are sore.
I’ve been reading this blog lately –
Basically it’s this beautiful woman who blogs about her life. She posts photos of new outfits, picks for the fall, what she wore to go get a hot dog… you know – the basics :)
I think in the coming days – I will post my fall outlook. I’m not one for buying trends as they hit the shelves – for two reasons.
But I’ll show you the select pieces I plan to buy (or in some cases, recycle) for the fall.
WOW I’M UP LATE