I’d like to invite you to spend a night out on the town with me.
Here is a teeny-tiny list of drool-worthy events planned for NYC this year:
- … You can hang out with Karl Largerfeld at Chanel’s SoHo boutique to pick up the new Khaki nail colour collection (blogged about HERE).
- … You might be lucky enough to pick up Tom Ford’s Black Orchid cosmetics collection 10 days early, signed by Ford himself at Saks.
- … or you could listen to Sarah Silverman’s standup, get your copy of the Bedwetter autographed and buy some lipstick at the MAC Cosmetics boutique in SoHo.
- … the list goes on and on…
September 10th is coming soon – a little over a week from now! Luckily – it falls on a Friday – the one night Saint John doesn’t shut down too early!
I’ve come up with a tiny “itinerary” of sorts that I plan on following throughout the evening to celebrate fashion and what Saint John has to offer. Here goes:
I plan on hitting up Brunswick Square/Market Square early… as they close their doors at 8pm. Will I leave work early? We’ll see. Probably.
- Samuel & Co. – S&C is my favourite location to find clearance rack deals. Their sale racks are full of MEXX and Esprit as fall over prices.
- Envy – Saint John’s newest fashion hotspot. It’s filled to the brim (literally) with TRENDS! I love those! Their staff is also top notch.
- Colwell’s – Currently at the tail end of their summer clearance – there’s a huge chance you’ll score a 50-70% off MICHAEL by Michael Kors find. It’s worth the clearance rack hunt.
- Je Suis Prest – I don’t need to say anything special about this shop. I’ll let a quick search of my blog post tags do the talking: observe. (But seriously, Kiera’s shop has had truckload after truckload of new fall attire arriving for the past month. I can’t wait to go in and see her new fall jewels and gems!)
- Perfumes Plus – Stop in to see Laura, Anessa and Stephanie. You may find me with red eyebrows and too much Chanel I shouldn’t have purchased.
- Beckwith & Co. – My favourite place in Saint John for JEWELS! I have a Christopher Poly ring on hold for me. I can’t wait to pick it up and grab another ring, or three.
- Sweet Daisy Designs – A new treat on King Street. They carry the most adorable pieces – for your hair, your arm, your pooch and your feet. Their selection of Matt by Matt & Nat had me drooling. I may be picking up this little gem.
Once my uptown shopping fax has been met (and if I have any money left): I’ll head to the East Side. The East Side is the home of some of my favourite shops:
- Le Chateau (outlet) – Never have I been able to fit into anything Le Chateau makes. For some reason, this outlet carries a size (which will remain nameless) that will fit me. I like it. And really, who can complain about their $9.99-$29.99 shoe and boot collection?
- Winners – I found a MINKPINK tee here last weekend for $3. I’ve purchased TOO MANY Matt & Nat wallets for less than $20. Their selection of purses and shoes will complete any outfit. I’ll be there and I’ll have bells on.
- Old Navy – Holding their place as my favourite place to get a pair of jeans on the run ($29 and fit me every time!)… I’ll stop by to see what their deals of the week are. I’ve spent the past 5 weeks on a construction site so I’ll likely need to replenish my $5 t-shirt and $4 tank top supply.
- McAllister Place (home of Spring shoes, La Senza, Sears and more!) – 30% off the lowest price shoes and sandals (Spring), 7 for $30 panties (La Senza) and Clinique face wash that doesn’t burn my skin (Sears). It will be a quick trip in and out but boy will it be fruitful!
Have I forgotten anything? Oh right – FUEL! (Double tall skinny caramel latte from Starbucks and likely a trip to Sense of Tokyo on my way home)
When you go on a serious shopping adventure – where do you start? Where do you finish? Do you put a budget on your trip?
Dilemmas! I’m having them!